|Location:||St. Paul, MN|
|Salary Range:||Based on experience|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Are you a Quality Engineer who is looking for a work environment that is successfully transitioning from ‘old school’ to ‘innovative and fast-paced’? Do you have great ideas for process and quality improvements that are met with resistance? If yes, then consider our opportunity!|
Hockenberg Search has been retained on a Quality Engineer search on behalf of a global designer, manufacturer, and distributor of interconnect products. This position is located at their Twin Cities location, which is going through a transformation from ‘maintenance to progressive.
The company is very successful with over 60 plants in North America, Europe and Asia. Their customers are in markets such as medical, automotive, datacom, industrial, consume, military, and computer/peripherals. With a great reputation as innovators, they are in a continuous state of improvement in their core modeling, stamping, plating and assembly operations. Your ideas and contributions will be greatly valued by the new leadership team as the company continues their growth and transformation.
This position reports to the Quality Manager. The primary purpose is to develop and support plant wide continuous improvement strategies and cost reduction activities. Insure that the plant is meeting both Company internal and external customer expectations. Provide technical support to Product Engineering, Marketing and Sales, Customers, etc. as required.
|Duties:||1. Facilitates and provides expertise in the development of FMEA’s, Control Plans, Qualification Plans, etc., for new or revised product and process development initiatives.|
2. Actively support the new product introduction process (NPI) as the quality representative. Participate in Design Reviews, Design Verification, Design Validation and Production Release events. Review specific customer quality requirements and make sure these requirements are addressed and supported.
3. Facilitate, review and approve First Article Reports.
4. When required, perform statistical analysis for initial product and process qualifications.
5. Lead Continuous Improvement Projects by utilizing Lean, Structured Problem Solving, 5S, Mistake-Proofing and process Capability tools. Isolate and identify problem and negative trends in production areas.
6. Analyze processes to improve product flow, yields, and mistake proofing.
7. Instill a disciplined approach to seek out and eliminate waste at all levels of the organization. Assist the organization in waste identification and removal. Promote a waste reduction culture and mindset into all levels of the organization through leadership, utilization of proven quality improvement tools, establishment of applicable metrics, and support of training activities.
8. Evaluate effectiveness of continuous improvement projects or initiatives. Monitor results of these improvement activities over time to prevent back sliding.
9. Support and participate in the development and improvement of the quality system and related procedures. Participate in internal audits as required.
10. Monitor and assure the proper disposition of materials and products in Blocked Stock status.
11. Address and resolve external quality problems with direct customers and/or Company selling entities (Quality Notifications).
12. Address and resolve supplier quality problems with external vendors or other company entities.
13. Have full working knowledge and understanding of ISO9000:2000 quality system requirements and IPC applicable specifications.
14. May help train others and assist in performing operations as needed.
15. Understands, supports and contributes to current Company Quality Management System, Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
16. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
|Qualifications:||EDUCATION REQUIRED: • Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Physics or equivalent experience.|
REQUIRED: • QE - 3+ years related experience in quality.
PREFERRED: • Experience in AQP/NPI and/or quality engineering in high volume product design and manufacturing group, with some level of lean experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
REQUIRED: • Proficiency using tools such as FMEA, DOE, Structure problem solving, 5s, Mistake-Proofing, Process capability, statistical analysis. Demonstrating skills in teamwork, facilitation, and problem solving with knowledge of APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning).
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Problem solving skills
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.